How Does Self-Esteem Affect our Lives?
Our self-esteem is at the source of what we do and why we do it. I believe that I have
suffered from a lack of self-esteem for most of my life and in the
process of defining it and learning more about it, I have become
fascinated by it and how it affects every aspect of our lives.
The natural progression for me was to create a website that includes
all the lessons and all of the resources that I have used to increase my self-esteem, change my
life and move through the challenges of it.
I believe that nearly
all people deal with a low self-esteem at some point in their lives.
The rest of this site will explain how it all comes about. I will also
explain how it effects all of the events that we create in life.
Who Decides What's Normal?
not believe that there is a 'normal' for people. In order to judge
something as normal, we have to have people who know what that is. Who
decides? We have a tendency to consider normal as being grouped in with the majority of people. Again, who is deciding this? I consider normal as 'workable'. So what works
for the health and wellness of people is what we need to consider as
So if something is not working for you in your life, it is time to
take a look at things and decide how you want them. Since you are reading this website, I can assume that you are searching for answers to some of your life questions. My goal is to help
you with that.
My take on life is that we are all 'good enough' just the way we were created. We are all special and unique and each one of us contributes something original and different to this life and to the people in our life. I believe that we need to treat ourselves gently and lovingly because until the day we die (and possibly beyond) we are a 'work in progress'. That's the way it was meant to be. That's why we are here.
This website is created as a gift to share
what I know and to help you and the people you love to live a better and
more joyful life.
Thank you for visiting my website. I invite you to explore and enjoy.
What Is Self-Esteem?
Self-esteem has many definitions. There is a page on this site dedicated to the meaning. But here is one that comes from my heart and not from the dictionary. I believe that self-esteem is the story that we tell ourselves about ourselves. It is what we have come to believe about who we are, what we are capable of and what we think other people think of us and what they assume that we are capable of. It is a very intangible meaning as it comes from our feelings as opposed to our knowledge. That's what makes it such an enigma. I hope this makes sense to you. If not, follow the pages on this site as they are full of information and insights into the most important aspect of our being.
“ Every thought we have, every feeling that follows, every decision
we make, every action we take and every result we get is directly
related to what we believe about ourselves.”
Here is a little experiment for you to do. Stand in front of your bathroom mirror. Keep the door closed. It might be difficult if you are not alone. Look directly into your eyes and say " I accept myself unconditionally right now!" How does that make you feel?
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
- Self-Esteem and the Simple Truth About It.
- The Self-Esteem Blog keeps you up to date on all changes and additions to self-esteem-the-simple-truth.com. New resources and inspirational thoughts are added regularly. Subscribe here.
- About Me
- About Me
- What Is Self-Esteem
- What Is Self-Esteem and how does it impact our lives and the lives of the people we care about?
- Families self-esteem
- How Families Self-Esteem effects the Dynamics of the Family. Learn more.
- Family Behavior Patterns
- Family Behavior Patterns and How They Affect you Today. Find Out Why You Do What You Do ( even if it doesn't work for you).
- Childrens self-esteem
- Why childrens self-esteem is so important to a happy life. Learn how you can help your child to develop a healthy one.
- Womens self-esteem
- Womens Self-Esteem not only effects her own life, but impacts every aspect of her life, paricularly her childrens. Find out how.
- Mens self-esteem
- Mens Self-Esteem. What challenges face them as they play their roles in the family.
- Girls body Image
- Girls Body Image is a subject of much concern for parents when daughters go to great lengths to acquire a body that is impossible to attain.
- Teens Self-Esteem
- Teens Self-Esteem Plays an Important Part in How they Develop in their Adolescence and as Adults. The Decisions We Make as Teens Can Effect the Rest of our Lives.
- Addiction, how it relates to self-esteem
- Addiction and How it Relates to Self-Esteem and Self-Acceptance
- Couples, self-esteem and communication
- Couples and Self-Esteem. How it effects communication and ultimately your relationship. How to be a happy couple.
- Positive Parenting and How Important It Is.
- Positive Parenting is Necessary to Bringing Up Well Adjusted And Happy Children
- Attachment Parenting. Is it the key to a healthy self-esteem?
- Attachment Parenting. Learn How This Is The Core to Self-esteem.
- Grandparent Parenting
- Grandparent Parenting can be challenging but an extremely rewarding commitment.
- Building Self-Esteem
- Building Self-Esteem requires awareness. Learn more about self-esteem and find out your level of awareness.
- Self-Esteem Solutions
- Self-Esteem Solutions. Eight Steps to Changing Your LIfe. This is Your Life! Make it Wonderful.
- Self-Esteem Resources
- Self-Esteem Resources, Sources, and Courses
- Confidence is the Result of Healthy Self-Esteem
- Confidence is the Result of a Healthy Self-Esteem. Find out how you can change your life by changing your opinion of yourself.
- Healing: Emotionally, Physically, Mentally and Spiritually
- Healing is a continual activity for us. Find out how we can help our bodies and minds to heal by changing our opinion of ourselves.
- Healthy Body
- A Healthy Body is your Biggest Priority for a Rich and Full Life.
- Healthy Mind and Our Self-Esteem
- Healthy Mind and How Connected it is to our Self-Esteem. Find out how Having a Healthy Mind is necessary for a Happy and Loving Life.
- Positive Thinking
- Positive Thinking and How it Effects Every Day of Your LIfe. How it is the Tool to LIve a Happy and Fulfilled LIfe.
- Self-Growth. How to Use These Simple Techniques to Change the Way You Experience Your Life.
- How Spirituality and Self-Esteem are Connected
- How Spirituality and Self-Esteem are Connected. What's It All About?
- Self-Acceptance, the key to Healing
- Self-Acceptance in the Key to Raising your Self-Esteem Level. Find out what Self-Acceptance is and how to attain it.
- Self-Awareness and Self-Esteem
- Self-Awareness is the First Step to Self-Esteem Changes. Find out how!
- Prosperity Consciousness
- Prosperity Consciousness and how it effects your ability to attract and feel deserving of wealth. What is Poverty Consciousness?
- Abundance, we all deserve it!
- Abundance in Your Life and How you can Experience all that was Intended for You.
- Mindfulness, Is Your Present Moment
- Mindfulness or the present moment is where your power lies. We are so clear and focused and strong in the here and now.
- Motivation, the Starting Gate.
- Motivation is the Starting Gate of Action and Accomplishment. Find out how to Make Your Dreams Come True!
- What are Healthy Personal Boundaries and How Do We Establish Them?
- Establishing healthy personal boundaries is important to our self-esteem and self-respect. In order to honor ourselves within our relationships we need to know how to establish our personal boundaries
- Peace and Serenity
- Peace and Serenity, the Side Effect of a Healthy Self-Esteem. Learn how to live a life free of stress and abundant with joy.
- Depression the Silent Invader
- Depression, the Silent Invader. What are the Symptoms and How Can we Cure it.
- Anxiety disorder , How it Effects our Lives.
- Anxiety Disorder Effect 40 Million People in North America. What is the Cause and What Can We Do To Avoid and Recover From It?
- Anger is destructive and causes illness and even death
- If you are suffering from anger, it is affecting your personal and business life. Find out why and how to identify it.
- What Is Asperger Syndrome?
- What is Asperger syndrome and What are the Characteristics of It?
- Janet's Marketplace is full of books, courses and products to help you live your best life; the life of your choice.
- Work At Home and Live Your Best Life!
- Work At Home and Live Your Best Life. Here is a site that gives you resource material on how to change your life and make your living working at home and spending time with your family.
- Money Matters
- Money Matters. How Our Thoughts About Money Effect Our Ability to Create It. How Money Is Not a Measure of Personal Worth!
- Find Your Bliss or Passion
- Find Your Bliss. What is it that Brings Out the Passion in You? What Moves You to Action?
- The Truth
- The Truth! What it Means to Tell the Truth and How We Fool Ourselves!
- Words of Inspiration
- Words of Inspiration to help you in your Journey to Emotional Health.
- How I Built this Site
- How I Built This Wonderful Website! Thank You SBI!
- The Extra mile
- The Extra Mile. What is the Missing Part to Saying We want Something and Actually Creating it?
- Self-Esteem Stories and Resources From Visitors
- Tell us about your self-esteem stories and resources that have help you. We would love to know about them.